Check out the teachings of the different world religions. Think about which ones might be true and how we might decide which one. Find out more about Jesus and what christians believe.
If God exists, how would we know anything about his character? And how would we know if we could get to know him, and if so, how?
Information on the beliefs of the major world religions – who started them and when, and how their teachings and practices compare.
- 10 facts about 12 major religions
- Summary of world religions
- Are all religions the same?
- What christians believe
- How many christians are converts?
Reliable information about the many different ideas about Jesus, whether he was a real person, what we can know about him, and how we should understand him.
- Was Jesus a real person?
- Quotes on Jesus as a historical person
- Jesus in history
- Who was Jesus? (Summary)
- Who was Jesus?
- Jesus – son of God?
- Was Jesus raised from the dead?
- Historical Jesus references
Some say Jesus wasn’t actually a historical person, but the stories are legends, copied from other legends in the pagan world of the day. But the experts say this isn’t true.
The evidence that the New Testament contains sufficiently reliable historical information, preserved well enough for us to be confident of our knowledge of Jesus.
- Are the gospels historical?
- The reliability of the New Testament text
- Who wrote the New Testament? Does it matter?
- Which historians should we trust?
- Archaeology and John’s gospel
This section considers some of the problems that have been raised that cast doubt on the accuracy of the New and Old Testaments.